To qualify as a junior member, you must be a person eighteen (18) years or younger and studying fulltime.
Racing By laws.
- 1st year racing up to and including 580km (300-mile) stages with the bonus of Tasmania.
- 2nd year racing up to and including 700km (400-mile) stages with the bonus of Tasmania.
- 3rd year racing may compete in the whole season.
- Juniors cannot race any classic races such as.
- Margaret Tung Memorial race.
- C&J Morris 10 bird race.
- Alison Portelli hens’ race.
- P O Sullivan Memorial race.
- Hilary Ashley Sires Produce race.
- Breeders Plate.
- National 10 bird.
- Juniors can purchase up to 50 current rings brought in their name @ $0.10 cents each registered with an adult’s contact details.
- Juniors can acquire an additional 10 current rings by either transfer or squeaker sales.
- All pigeons remaining at the end of the season can race again the following year.
- All juniors are encouraged to attend basketing nights.
- An entry sheet must be produced each week with all the birds’ details on it.
- Production of clocks all juniors are encouraged to produce their own clocks each week.
- Juniors are unable to donate any of these rings to sales.
- Juniors can race a maximum of 15 pigeons per week at no cost.
- Juniors will participate in their own section classification [WPF-junior] and cannot take Federation or Section positions in the primary competition.
- No points will be allocated to the junior section as the primary objective is to promote, encourage and support the junior competition in building a positive enthusiastic approach to the sport. A winner will be recognised for each race.
The Western Pigeon Federation of Victoria Inc. supports VICSPORT child safety.